All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Palla Grande - Nov 03 2012 (CANCELLED)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:47 pm 

For those unaware (or perhaps don't follow the unmods facebook page)

The Palla Grande will take place in the evening on Nov 3rd (first Saturday after Halloween)

Details

Further note, the link also leads for a forum I set up for vampire specific things.

Last edited by Toby on Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Palla Grande - Nov 03 2012
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:36 pm 

Moo wrote:

The Palla Grande will take place in the evening on Nov 3rd (first Saturday after Halloween)

Details

Further note, the link also leads for a forum I set up for vampire specific things.

Tasha will be there one way or another, and hopefully I'll even be able to go online to take part myself. I'm not yet certain if my RL schedule will allow it though. It'd be nice to actually see and interact with some other Sabbat once in a while - I can't even remember how long ago the last time was.

Speaking of which, why do we need a whole separate forum for vampire specific things? It isn't like the forum on this site has got much volume - I think further diluting that and requiring players to follow yet another separate forum does more harm than good by making the game less accessible for new players that don't know about the other forum. I have played vampire her for quite a while, this is the first I've heard of that other forum and I'm not really interested in registering at yet another since we already have these perfectly good ones right here, attached to the very site where we do our playing. Just my two cents.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:10 pm 

OOC Response to casewerker here: http://www.unmodchat.com/forum/viewtopi ... =11&t=3991

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:25 pm 

Casewerker wrote:
Moo wrote:

Details

Tasha will be there one way or another, and hopefully I'll even be able to go online to take part myself. I'm not yet certain if my RL schedule will allow it though. It'd be nice to actually see and interact with some other Sabbat once in a while - I can't even remember how long ago the last time was.

Speaking of which, why do we need a whole separate forum for vampire specific things? It isn't like the forum on this site has got much volume - I think further diluting that and requiring players to follow yet another separate forum does more harm than good by making the game less accessible for new players that don't know about the other forum. I have played vampire her for quite a while, this is the first I've heard of that other forum and I'm not really interested in registering at yet another since we already have these perfectly good ones right here, attached to the very site where we do our playing. Just my two cents.

Great, glad to hear folks are still interested. There seemed to be a lot of interest when I first started throwing the idea around, but replies seems more sporadic now. I just wish I knew what kind of an outcome to expect.

As for the other half. *shrugs* That's all up to you, but it is guest accessible and I'm hoping to keep it that way, so no reg's are even required to use it. To be perfectly honest, the boards here feel very limiting. Just plain old IC vs OOC in even the oWoD section which is the most likely get get the best use. (And I'm still waiting for Mike to re-add the 'view posts since last visit' option back into the forum that I asked ages ago when he changed the layout). And hell, even sometimes, the entire site doesn't really need to know / care about all specific vamp activity. If you bothered at all to look. It's supposed to bring a very slow vampire community more together. A community that's been dead since... what? the java chats died? VtM activity has been sporadic at best. And what very little does happen, does so in cliques or ultra-weird concepts with the Cam and Sabbat having the same leader (not trying to start anything here, just found it a bit on the absurd side).

I made the forum with it in mind that Victoria Cordoba made one for the Sabbat back in the day and it was very successful (despite my current preference for AB being silly for a game like unmods). However, I do prefer to run it with less of an iron first. After all, no one-person has rule over what happens in unmods.

Ultimately, it's your choice if you want to use the board.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:42 am 

Your welcome to pull anything you need off that old Sabbat site .

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:43 pm 

Moo wrote:
Ultimately, it's your choice if you want to use the board.

Fair enough. I don't like the idea of adding another barrier to new folks' joining the game, and another set of fora to keep track of for the same game. I'm not interested, so I won't fuss about it more here but I won't use it either.

That said, RL has intervened and I don't think I'll be able to be online next Sunday until pretty late, so I doubt I'll be able to play IC with the palla grande thing anyways. I presume that Tasha will go IC, but we can basically say "oh, she was there," or whatever and move on unless I can actually catch some folks.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:59 am 

Yea, I seem to be getting a lot of that. Only 3 people I know are officially confirmed. if more are coming, I don't know. *shrugs* Right now, it's not looking too good. May have to bump it up...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:37 pm 

Due to dwindling interest and unforeseen circumstances with my co-plotter. I'm sorry to say it's cancelled. Apologies for the last minute notice.