All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Project Goliath Story
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:50 am 

((The following is a document created by Heather Chastity Snyder, intended to be disturbed to all persons having contact with the demon Nabu and those lives his hands have wounded. Its a document encrypted using SSL style 240 bit encryption, which the character Jubai holds both the cypher and the key for.))

Hello. My name is Heather Claudia Chastity Augusta Snyder Ira. Adept Major boni Bonisagus.
The following notation regards my research into a demonic entity named Nabu, whom is currently plaguing our world.

This research centers around a group of individuals unlucky enough to have fallen victim to the manipulations of an earth bound demon.
It is my hope that through the use of this gathered information, myself or others may be able to find the means to remove the demon from this plain of being and prevent further mortal suffering.

I shall begin with my research into the metaphysical and psychological misfortunes befalling an individual named Trevor, whom at the moment appears to be one of the demons favorite toys.

Of Trevor: The mortal whom appears to be most effected by Nabu.
Upon my initial examination of Trevor he had been effected by intense amounts of qlippothic magic. That is, magic that is demonic in nature, working opposite the flow of reality, generally used to unmake rather than to make. This filth stinks of the force known as Oblivion. However, the magic does not appear to be Enochian in nature. This demands that among other things, Nabu has at least one, powerful corrupt magi enlisted in his service.

With further examination into Trevor's essence, it appeared that half of his soul was missing. This half is not gone, it is being held at another location, and is the primary means that the enemy uses to control and track him. This magic is not Enochian in nature, but rather nephandic. I suspect one Dr Wilkins as an infernalist and the source of this spiritual prison, as well as the author of the spell which originally split his soul.

The Dr last worked in Chicago. His current whereabouts are unknown. There also exists a Dr. Gottlieb and a Dr. Schoendorf whom may also have some involvement. Whereabouts also unknown.

Within Trevor there was also a device that transmits a signal which allowed his body and soul to both psychically and metaphysically communicate with the half of his soul which is missing. (This device was once obviously held within his body beneath a large scar in his abdominal area. This scare however has vanished in recent days, and with it all traces of this magic.)

This would however mean that Trevor's physical body is a direct link to the location at which his soul is held, be it in this realm or any other. It should be possible to use a body sample from Trevor to track the location of his missing and imprisoned soul to its origin, likely Wilkins's sanctum. (Update: with the link severed, it is unlikely this avenue is still available. I need to take another look at Trevor, as it's possible his soul has been returned to his body. )
Trevor's memories are constantly being altered. This appears to be both due to interference by the aforementioned Naphandi. Compounding that, Trevor's mother, the spirit Greit, also has taken to altering his memories, in an attempt to repair the damage done to his mind.
It maybe possible, once we get Trevor back into a 'healthy state of understanding and determination' to make a copy of his memories, in order to 'reboot' him back into this cooperative and productive state using Griet as a medium when ever the enemy alters his mind.

Regarding the magic:
It is technological in nature. Machines wire themselves into the living person's nervous system and communicate through some theoretically possible mean. The magic involves directly: correspondence, life and prime and spirit.

It is likely that the wielder of this magic has sold his soul to the demon Nabu in order to gain superhuman levels of intelligence and forbidden knowledge. Likely spheres of influence are Correspondence, Life, Spirit, Mind, Matter and Prime. Life and Mind at Adept Major levels, Spirit at Master or greater capacity. Some knowledge over the Forces sphere, or mundane understanding of frequency range theory would also be necessary.

It is possible to cut the link established by this demonic science through simple correspondence and spirit warding. However this effect seems to bring Trevor into a near death/comatose state.
The 'missing' portion of his soul itself is is kept in a state of suspended animation, separate from Trevor’s body yet still linked to him using some sort of Correspondence, Spirit, Prime, and Life magic. It maybe possible to break this seal using only Trevor as a connection to the soul, if a chantry and a Master are made available.

This moves us onto our next contact. Griet: Interview with Spirit whom follows Trevor.
Griet, as mentioned, is a spirit. This apparition appears to be the disembodied psyche of Trevor's mother. At a guess I would say that the anchor which binds her to this world is Trevor, and the guilt she feels over the misfortunes that have transpired in his life.
In addition to having followed the man around for approximately fourty years she appears to have the ability to alter the memories of and take possession of him, and possibly others. It is likely she is a spiritual entity of some formidable might, as the other spirits involved in this study appear to be weary of her, as well as Jubai, who has said of her. “If that were to happen Griet would loose it and kill us all.” Indicating what would transpire if we were to simply 'kill' Trevor, as Brenda requests.

Griet's testimony should be reviewed with some scrutiny. During my interview with the spirit, she began to appear aroused when describing the physical attributes of the demon. After the interview was over she returned to Trevor and began to act as if she were attempting to sexually entice him. It appears that the demon's power is such that it holds sway over her, even in death. There is a possibility that she is still under his influence to a more serious degree.

The following information is gathered from her thoughts and memories. It should be considered only accurate when cross referenced with other sources, such as Brenda. However this may prove prudent in searching for the demon's many hidden names.

"The demon is very ancient. He has been in the physical world for at least six centuries. He gains power from inducing lust in others. Also from inflicting torment. He delights in the pleasures of the flesh. He does not publicly cavort with men. In private he seems to enjoy them more. Perhaps it is simply the shame and humiliation they feel at being victimized by him that he finds so sweet. He eats the lust, shame, pain and guilt he causes by corrupting others."

“Those who work for him call him by the title 'Nabu' but I know that is only the beginning of his true name." (It is possible she knows his entire celestial name, or perhaps even true name, but is unwilling to divulge it. ) Before he fell, his title was, the Shining Wanderer, and he was a lieutenant to one
of Lucifer's most trusted Generals." (In Enochian The Shining Wanderer is "Aur Vandil")

She does not know his current human name. However during the time that she was alive, some fifteen years ago, Jubil Smuts was the human name the Demon used.

"He is in a physical body and he's very handsome. Young. Virile. Blonde hair. Blue eyes. He has a tattoo on his shoulder. He's uncircumcised. He drinks, he smokes." (( She tells how tall he is, the kind of clothing he wears, which is designer fashion. Also as a description of his facial features and the tattoo on his shoulder are included.)) He is very personable, very friendly and approachable.”

“He is the owner of the company at which Trevor works.” (Google says that the company is owned by Brighton Vandil, which is likely his current name, or at least a current alias. It is likely however he has many aliases. Several will need to be accumulated in order to gain more incite into his true name. At the time of writing, Keys is working to obtain a list of such employees using tax records. )
"He has many corrupted individuals working for him. At least seven corrupt magi. And many shifters who have been raised up to serve his interests while believing they are doing Gaia's work. The shifters are from all breeds, all continents. Trevor and Steven were part of a task force that helped to collect them and their kin."

“He has many charities that he supports." (( Following is a list of known charities, the most notable of
which is a charity that supports the rights of sex workers.)) (It is likely that, not the least of his interests in these charities is gaining access to humans who's living condition and state of mind make them vulnerable targets. We maybe able to force an encounter with the demons physical self through a guise based around this. Its been a while since I got to dress up like a hooker!)

"Yes. Trevor has been used quite often by the demon (Sexually?) and his thrall Steven.”
“What has been done to Trevor I don't know. The labs are warded and I cannot enter into them. And Trevor never recalls his time in them.”

“Steven Chase. He's Cyril's brother. Trevor is trying to get Steven free. Steven is well, Trevor
considers him his oldest and dearest friend." (Steven is likely a thrall. It appears Trevor may have entered a pact with the demon in order to secure Steven's safety. It should be known, that killing the demon's host body will result in the transfer of his spirit into one of his thralls, unless the demon is some how bonded within a seal of Solomon or brought near the gateway to the abyss prior to the death of his host body.)

"Brenda is a very angry woman. She blames Trevor for her death and her boys kidnapping. And he did do it but the doctors have ways of controlling his mind. You can't let her thirst for vengeance overwhelm her. And don't...listen to how she slanders me and Trevor." (This, as well as other information seems to suggest that the demon itself has no ability to dominate the minds of men. It appears that the demon relies on the service of his thralled and pacted nephandi for these sort of operations. My examination of the magic effecting Trevor's mind, however shows otherwise. However there is a chance I am wrong. )

“The demon is able to transfer his physical location at will, and does so often in order to make use of his Thrall, Steven.”

"He used his power on me in life. It's partly what led to my death."

Brenda: A second Spirit following Trevor.
Brenda is also a spirit. She is the disembodied wife of Cyril. The mother of Silas and Rhys Chase. She has more outward anger than Griet, and wants vengeance against Trevor for the murder of her sons. Once one gets past her anger, she is also more sane. It does not appear that the demon has sway over her. I feel she is the more trustworthy of the two. She appears to have the ability to put people to sleep, however has little other abilities as a spirit. She was apparently murdered by Trevor.

Most of her testimony is in regards to the possible location of her children. Keys holds more information on this than I.

“Ivy says she has seen Rhys. He has wires in his head and they are torturing him..."

(It appears that the enemy is being used by a greater evil, an incarnation known most famously as 'The Wyrm.” This is likely the work of the branch belonging to the Beast of War. It appears that the wyrm is using the kinfolk for experiments into creating skindancers using a serum which allows them to manifest some of the powers latent in their genealogy and spiritual ancestry. Most apparent is the ability to regenerate. While this experimentation also must be stopped, it is possible that we may use this relationship as a means to turn the demon against his greatest allies, if it can be made apparent to Nabu that the corporation is using him as a means to an end any amount of demonic pride he has maybe able to turn him against them. More information on the nature of the corporate identities involved can be gained from Key's studies. )

"The demon is a disgusting creature who feeds on the weaknesses of those around him. He cannot abide True Love and he works to destroy it. As he did with Griet and Neville. As he tried to do with Cyril and I. He targeted Griet and Neville before Trevor was born. And he sent Trevor to monitor Cyril and I. Before I even became with child."

"I don't know why he destroys them. (Children born within a union of love between parents) But he does. And he focuses on the children of such unions."

"I didn't realize Trevor was anything but a friend until he turned on me and murdered me and set fire to my home to hide the fact he was stealing my children." (This is an important line of questioning to address the demon's nature. The demon does not defile the product of children from a happy union out of a fear of any threat they would pose to him. He does so because of the enjoyment he gets from spoiling such 'good' in the world. It is likely he operates out of a hatred for mankind that goes beyond the boundaries of personal gain. The can be connected to the theory of the fall, in which demon's blame mankind for the events that lead to their disgrace, and the focus of their animosity on them. It limits the number of house's and courts the demon likely belongs to and should be considered paramount in gaining incite into his true name. Should we be able to approach another Enochian being about it this information is paramount. )

“Griet cannot resist his...lusts."

Of The Demon: Nabu :Possible identities, name fragments, affiliations.
Combining the information gathered from the examination of Trevor's physical self with Greit and Brenda and my own knowledge of Enochian lore and Demonology I have composed the following likely information about our enemy.

This demon appears to have existed in the physical world for approximately four centuries.
Given his abilities he is likely a member of the House known as Neberu. Indeed the portion of his true name we know, Nabu, and his title as The Shining Wanderer seem to support this, as the Neberu are credited with having created the stars and the heavens.

I am almost positive that the Demon is one and the same as the incarnation once worshiped as Nabu. However, as reality has changed overtime, it is possible that during that age, this creature was indeed a god, rather than the demons who exist in the modern era. It is also likely that this demon is simply a fragment or a reflection of the deity of the bygone era.

Nabu: Probable Ancient Identity of the Demon.
Nabu (in Biblical Hebrew Nebo ) is the Assyrian and Babylonian god of wisdom and writing, worshiped by Babylonians as the son of Marduk and his consort, Sarpanitum, and as the grandson of Ea. Nabu's consort was Tashmetum.
Originally, Nabu was a West Semitic deity introduced by the Amorites into Mesopotamia, probably at the same time as Marduk shortly after 2000 BC. While Marduk became Babylon's main deity, Nabu resided in nearby Borsippa in his temple E-zida. He was first called the "scribe and minister of Marduk", later assimilated as Marduk's beloved son from Sarpanitum.

Nabu later became one of the principal gods in Assyria and Assyrians addressed many prayers and inscriptions to Nabu and named children after him. (Likely this means he overthrew which ever demon was playing the roll of Murduk. If we can summon that demon from the abyss, he would probably be more than willing to give us information we can use against Nabu.)

Nabu was also sometimes worshiped as a fertility god (Read lust and sex. Offerings of the fleshy kind. ) and as a god of water. (It is likely that Nabu's status as a god of water establishes him as this deity, as my own experiences with the demoness Jonetta revealed an affinity for the ability to transform into the element of water, which appears to be common among demons. )

Nabu is accorded the office of patron of the scribes, taking over from the Sumerian goddess Nisaba. His symbols are the clay writing tablet with the writing stylus. He wears a horned cap, and stands with hands clasped, in the ancient gesture of priesthood. He rides on a winged dragon (mušhuššu, also known as Sirrush) that is initially Marduk's. (Possibly he 'ate' Marduk. In which case, I believe part of his true name would then become a reflection of Marduk's )

The etymology of his name is disputed. It could be derived from the root nb´ for "to call or announce", meaning something like "He who has called".

His power over human existence is immense, because Nabu engraves the destiny of each person, as the gods have decided, on the tablets of sacred record. Thus, He has the power to increase or diminish, at will, the length of human life. (As the Assyrians and Babylonians both believed that the destinies of men could be read and controlled by the movements of the stars, a demonic being whom claims responsibility for the creation of such would no doubt lay claim to the abilities to control the destiny of an entire civilization. This is further evidence towards him being of the Neberu House of Enochians.)

If this information is correct, it gives us both a time line as to his establishment within our reality, roughly four centuries ago, and more of a nature into his house in Heaven. The time maybe used to further indicate his true name to any Enochians we may summon to communicate with, as it would indicate the time at which he disappeared from the abyss. If he was indeed a great general, his absence would have gone noticed.

The name Nabu is derived from the Semitic root nb' meaning "to name/designate". It can be interpreted as a participle, "announcer/herald", or as a verbal adjective, "the one who is named/designated" (cf. Pomponio 1998-2001: 17). Archaising post-Old Babylonian logographic spellings are attested, namely dAK/dNÀ, dNÀ.KÁM, dMUATI, dTU.TU and dŠÀ.TÚ.

Written forms:
earliest spelling: dna-bi-um
logographic spellings: dAK / dNÀ, dNÀ.KÁM, dMUATI, dTU.TU, dŠÀ.TU
Normalized forms:
Nabium, Nabu, Nabianu, Nebo (Biblical spelling)

Due to this demon's modus operandi he was likely one of Gressil's ilk, (Though not Gressil himself, as his form is merger enough to be accommodated within an earthly body ) He was likely one of Rosier's dominion, and may have been the demon Identified by Barrette as Mammon, a general of tempters and ensnares. It is likely we should be most weary of this demons power in December, as he maybe connected to Moloch ( indeed, that maybe another one of his names ) and is likely at his peak at this month.

Using this information as well as the Lesser Key of Solomon, the Pseudomonarchia Daemonum, Le Dragon Rouge, Ars Goetia and the Dictionnaire Infernal I have composed a list of possible identities, or partial identities that Nabu may have used. This list is composed in a manner of most to least likely, and maybe useful as a means to further identify his celestial name.

1.) Naberius Taken from Pseudomonarchia Daemonum, cross referenced within The Lesser Key of Solomon
He is supposedly the most valiant Marquis of Hell, and has nineteen legions of demons under his command. He makes men cunning in all arts (and sciences, according to most authors), but especially in rhetoric, speaking with a hoarse voice. He also restores lost dignities and honors, although according to to Johann Weyer he instead ensures the loss of them.

In spirit Naberius appears as a three headed dog or a raven. He has a raucous voice but presents himself as eloquent and amiable. He teaches the art of gracious living. He has also been depicted as a crow or a black crane.

2.) Prince/President Gäap The Psychological profile fits, however, Nabu is not likely a being as potent as Gaap's hierarchical stature claims, As it would be unlikely an earthly body could contain the spiritual presence of such a being. It is likely his status as a Prince is an embellishment in order to allow him to seduce magi of greater stature.
Gaap is a mighty Prince and Great President of Hell, commanding sixty-six legions of demons. He is, according to The Lesser Key of Solomon, the king and prince of the southern region of Hell and Earth, and according to the Pseudomonarchia Daemonum(False Monarchy of the Demons) the king of the western region and as mighty as Beleth. He is said to be most easily conjured to appear when the Sun is in a southern zodiacal sign.

Gaap specifically controls the element of water and reigns over the Water Elementals or the 'water demons'. (Possibly a connection to the Nabu god identity, as a water god.)

Gaap teaches Philosophy and all liberal sciences, can cause love or hate and make men insensible and invisible, deliver familiars out of the custody of other magicians, teaches how to consecrate those things that belong to the dominion of Amaymon his king, gives true answers concerning past, present and future, and can carry and re-carry men and things speedily from one nation to another at the conjurer's will. According to a few authors he can make men ignorant. (This all fits the abilities he has been known to have used on Trevor.)

According to Pseudomonarchia Daemonum certain necromancers honor him with sacrifices and burning offerings. (Or toys to amuse him, in the modern era.)

He is depicted in human shape. (No demonic force potent enough to be a Prince could be contained within a mortal shell, much less a king. )

Other spellings: Goap, Tap.

3.) Duke Dantalion It is likely that this is the demons most true identiy, however he has taken to pose as Gaap.
Dantalion (or Dantalian)
"The Seventy-first Spirit is Dantalion. He is a Duke Great and Mighty, appearing in the Form of a Man with many Countenances, all Men's and Women's Faces; and he hath a Book in his right hand. His Office is to teach all Arts and Sciences unto any; and to declare the Secret Counsel of any one; for he knoweth the Thoughts of all Men and Women, and can change them at his Will. He can cause Love, and show the Similitude of any person, and show the same by a Vision, let them be in what part of the World they Will. He governeth 36 Legions of Spirits; and this is his Seal, which wear thou, etc." - The Lesser Key of Solomon

Aur Vandil:
Regarding the Title: Aur Vandil, The Shining Wanderer
The names Aurvandil or Earendel (Old Norse: Aurvandil; Old English: Ēarendel; Lombardic: Auriwandalo; Old High German: Orentil, Erentil; Medieval Latin: Horuuendillus) are cognate Germanic personal names, continuing a Proto-Germanic reconstructed compound *auzi-wandilaz "luminous wanderer", in origin probably the name of a star or planet, potentially the morning star (Eosphoros).
The Old Norse variant appears in purely mythological context, linking the name to a star. The only attestation of the Old English Earendel, that has been discovered, refers to a star exclusively.
The *auzi- a compound form of *auzaz, the word found in the Anglo-Saxon goddess name Eastre, the holiday name Easter, and the term East, ultimately cognate with Hausos (Ushas), the Proto-Indo-European dawn goddess (Pokorny (1959)). The second element is from the root wand-, whence also English to wend and to wander.
(This in and of itself almost wholly confirms that our demon is of House Nebru – We will need to be getting in contact with some other, less evil, earthly fallen soon, or finding a secure place to start summoning the few Enochians whom I've dealt with in the past to start getting names from. )

From the legend:
Thor went home to Thrúdvangar, and the hone remained sticking in his head. Then came the wise woman who was called Gróa, wife of Aurvandill the Valiant: she sang her spells over Thor until the hone was loosened. But when Thor knew that, and thought that there was hope that the hone might be removed, he desired to reward Gróa for her leech-craft and make her glad, and told her these things: that he had waded from the north over Icy Stream and had borne Aurvandill in a basket on his back from the north out of Jötunheim. And he added for a token, that one of Aurvandill's toes had stuck out of the basket, and became frozen; wherefore Thor broke it off and cast it up into the heavens, and made thereof the star called Aurvandill's Toe. Thor said that it would not be long ere Aurvandill came home: but Gróa was so rejoiced that she forgot her incantations, and the hone was not loosened, and stands yet in Thor's head. Therefore it is forbidden to cast a hone across the floor, for then the hone is stirred in Thor's head.

It maybe that this demon is some how related to a hone, a symbol that may hold some significance in discerning his true name and may hold some key to any 'Sorcery Summoning Rituals' mortal men may use to invoke him.

References to more powerful entities, Possibly his Masters-on-earth: References to Moloch
It is unlikely that the incarnation we are dealing with here is Moloch. If that's the case, we need bigger guns. We'll have to get the union involved, because we are literally dealing with the inspiration for “Hell” in the New Testament. However it is likely that our evil friend is associated with Molech, and may use some variant of his name within his own. It is likely he has claimed to be Moloch in the past, and may have formed pacts with him or served beneath him in a court or a faction.

Moloch (representing Semitic, a Semitic root meaning "king") – also rendered as Molech, Molekh, Molok, Molek, Molock, Moloc, Melech, Milcom or Molcom – is the name of an ancient Ammonite god. Moloch worship was practiced by the Canaanites, Phoenician and related cultures in North Africa and the Levant.

As a god worshiped by the Phoenicians and Canaanites, Moloch had associations with a particular kind of propitiatory child sacrifice by parents. Moloch figures in the Book of Deuteronomy and in the Book of Leviticus as a form of idolatry (Leviticus 18:21: "And thou shalt not let any of thy seed pass through the fire to Moloch"). In the Old Testament, Gehenna was a valley by Jerusalem, where apostate Israelites and followers of various Baalim and Caananite gods, including Moloch, sacrificed their children by fire (2 Chr. 28:3, 33:6; Jer. 7:31, 19:2–6).