All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Tuesday, December 15th, 2009
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:42 pm 

TWO DEAD IN MUGGING ATTEMPT

NEW YORK CITY, New York -
Late last evening, New York City Police discovered the bodies of two men who had been slain during a botched mugging in an alley off Park Avenue. Police Officials were led to the scene after the landlord of an adjacent apartment complex called with complaints of a foul odor that had begun to overwhelm the area. Crime scene investigators believe the bodies had been decomposing for weeks.

"I gotta admit the smell was pretty bad," Hank McCoy told the New York Chronicle. "We really started to notice it just the last couple days however, you couldn't even eat your breakfast without the stench in your nostrils!"

One of the victims, Brandon Wilkinson, 33, had been featured in the news recently as having been among the first to receive the new miracle drug, Aevum. Aevum is the creation of Dr. Ezra McDaniels that is being called the one true cure for Cancer and potentially other diseases as well. Wilkinson had been diagnosed with terminal lung and throat cancer and signed up for the volunteer program at Pentex Labs the moment he heard about it. Family of the victim are shocked and mournful.

"Brando was just a fun loving guy," his younger brother, Chad Wilkinson, admitted. "When he got sick, a lot of his energy went out the window. But then when Aevum came around, I'd never seen him more excited in his whole life. And now this?"

photo of Brandon Wilkinson. 07/04/2009

There are no leads to whoever killed Wilkinson and the other unidentified male, Police are asking for any help that they can get. At this time they are unsure if the pair were the muggers or the victims. Both bodies were received by coroners this morning for further autopsy.

"It's unbelievable that a guy dying from Cancer, finally gets a break, and then dies like this. Tragic."

-article by Kevin Trent, New York Chronicle

Post subject: Re: Tuesday, December 15th, 2009
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:25 pm 

I'm not part of your game, but if all these articles are for the same campaign , wouldn't it make more sense to put them all in the same topic? As in, you would add the next articles as replies so they are all neatly stacked together in one page.

Post subject: Re: Tuesday, December 15th, 2009
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:19 pm 

I thought about that but in the end I figured it would grab more attention if there was a new topic instead of having people scroll down endless other articles from the past to get to the new one. This way, they just click the new topic and are reading a new newspaper article each time. Thanks for the input though.