All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Mage: The Ascension, and Cabals
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:40 pm 

Fellas, Ladies, Kids and Babies, I think we all know what time it is. As much as I enjoy the ramshackle and haphazard ways of the mage play that comes on here, it would definitely be sweet to lay down some groundwork for a half-decent mage Chronicle. I'm willing to ST some scenes now that it seems Meinberg is back to give us more changeling goodness mainstreamly, so my one-shots (which take a long time, it seems) can be a little better dispersed. I'm sure that if we can slap Dana around some (I CAN), he might be willing to hash some things out with me, as well as Louise and Rallan (Bobby Morganson), who're all veterans in the field, as it were.

Most folks on here have new mages, a few kept the old ones from the Unmods. It lends a good balance of responsibility and unwet feet alike to set the ground for something decent, but I'm going to need some input from people who have any of the following -
Tradition Mages (And Crafts not of the Council of 9)
Psychics
Sorcerors
Acolytes

Marauders, Nephandi, and Techies I'd rather keep as plot devices, rather than full-blown characters. People can play the familiar of a PC if they so choose, but this can be somewhat limiting, and a waste of time if said spirit-bonded entity is unable to speak. But I don't need to tell you that, you folks are pretty bright.

So please, send out a rolecall, show interest, start thinking of location ideas and the like, so we have a viable, concrete series of locations that we can play in. Once we have a nice, solid setting and a sense of what's going on, we can get things moving.

I saw a shitload of magetypes on the boardwalk the other night, and I'm pretty certain that it's a sign that there's interest in folks wanting to give it a shot.

Post subject: Re: Mage: The Ascension, and Cabals
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:24 pm 

DD - I've a few Sorcerer's laying around. Albeit, idly not sure as too whether or not I have any that are not infernal. Would have too check on that. Either way, tend too prefer Sorcerer's over Mages as far personal play style goes.

But, if a chronicle did get started, I would be one of those too wait around and join once it looks like a sure thing. Cannot count the number of them i've made a character for and/or placed a pre-existing character in only for it too tank days later.

But, the idea sounds hot. Any sort of concrete and well-put-together modus operandus for which too play around is better then roleplay that is mostly idle coffee hause chatter and sex.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 1:14 pm 

Well, I do not mind chatter or sex in a chronicle. But you got what I meant. Always room for some good story in a chronicle as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:58 pm 

I am a brand new Mage player with my Verbena, but if you are willing to cope with my inexperience I would love to get her involved with something more structured. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:59 am 

Ya know I'm always up for a Mage game.
Could even run a couple of scenes.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:06 am 

I'm pretty new to the WoD, but I know the mage rules pretty well with only a little bit of confusion. Anyone willing to let me into a chronicle?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:28 pm 

Boy this is and old post cotte, though I'll reply anyways. Anyways, I've been around since 2000. I've got mid ranged mages, and I've got ancient mages, I know the system, backwards forwards, sideways and while standing on my head. If you want any of em, I can hand em out for rp goodness. Huh...Morrow, I knew someone named that once. She was more good at gypsy, changeling, and wta.