All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Fair Warning, Racist Remarks in OOC chatter.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:47 pm 

I dunno whats going on these days, or what it is with folks. But lately I've seen a rash of people making -really- offensive racist remarks in public forums. Its one thing to have an opinion, quite another to go spewing racist comments about folks of another race from you in public forums (especially right in front of the woman you were deriding in a racist manner who was right in the room at the time). Normally I can keep my trap shut and move on, in the "If you don't have anything nice to say say nothing" vein of things...but lately I've seen it more and more, and last time I saw it, I popped. I'm sorry I cannot keep my mouth shut about it, and the more you think I'm bullying you for stating right out that your 'opinions' are filth I'd rather not see, and thus are invalid in my eyes, and the more you cry about me being oh so mean because I didn't care for you stating in a public forum how you think black women are disgusting and built with anatomy that is ugly and different from white women-folk, the more you should begin to realize that some opinions are not fit for sharing in ooc chatter. Mike if you wanna ban me for this go ahead...but I've seen too many racist remarks lately...and yall should seriously put a curb on your personal opinions out where everyone can see them.

Post subject: Re: Fair Warning, Racist Remarks in OOC chatter.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:34 am 

I didn't see this comment or witness this. But I've seen similar remarks made by Swish in the OOC numerous times. So I agree with you Joseph. People need to have more respect for people on here.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:21 pm 

Screen shot it next time you see this and send it to Mike. Best way to deal with this situation.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:52 pm 

Yeah, half the time it is someone trolling because they know it will get a rise out of people. Lame if you ask me.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:21 pm 

Screen shotting often doesn't help anymore. If someone gets banned, all they have to do is make a new character and it starts all over again. What I find horrid..is that when people actually try to stand up to these people, they are alone in it. No one else who is sitting in the room seems to want to help stop it. If I see it, I say something...but then I end up getting ganged up on by said "trolls". How about we help each other and protect the place we like. I sure as hell don't come here to have some assholes take away my creative and usually good mood for their amusement. It's called being a bully, and if you really have to bully people over a computer..it just shows how little of a real life you have. this is supposed to be fun and a way to get away from the troubles of the real world. Most of us aren't in kindergarden anymore..so lets not act like it. The end.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm 

Wow as a African American and Dominican woman, that really makes me think twice about trying out role play here. I haven't interacted with a lot of people but it makes me wonder if that is the reason why I haven't gotten into scenes? And if screen shots or protocol for these kinds of problems does not help, then how should an ethnic person feel about it ya know?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:02 am 

I'm a white guy and I will rp with you. For I love everybody! Except Swish, I hate you Swish. :evil:

Anyways yeah people are kind of well... people. So that's what the ignore button was made for.