All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: New to World of Darkness
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:05 pm 

Hello! I am new to the World of Darkness role playing games. I have been playing other role playing games for years and am really interested in Hunter the Vigil. I saw on the old White Wolf chat that I will need to purchase the World of Darkness core to play as a mortal. I am going to also purchase the Hunter the Vigil core rulebook as well and will thus be holding off creating my character until I get paid. Takes money to buy these books unfortunately. :mrgreen:

But anyway, it is nice to meet everyone and I look forward to playing with you guys. If anyone can give me any tips, I would be most grateful for it.

-Gyjax

Post subject: Re: New to World of Darkness
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:46 pm 
Site Admin

I would suggest having a look at the quickstarts that White Wolf provides to get a basic understanding of the games. Just realize those are quick and dirty rules, to give you a feel for the game. Here is a link where you can get those from:

http://www.white-wolf.com/downloads.php?category_id=6

I hope you have fun in the chat, and feel free to give me any feedback you have!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:38 am 

I'm new to the game too. Currently working my way through the nWoD rulebook. Love the atmosphere and setup of the game. Keen to take part in a game session on the chat, but time a bit awkward (Sunday mornings work best - I'm in the UK, so GMT). I've been role-playing for years - mostly fantasy. Keen to run a game myself so long as experienced hands don't mind helping out with the rules.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:21 am 

I been playing NWoD since it came out off and on until Mage the Awakening came out. Any help I can be please ask and I'll do my best to help.

I've also been looking for a Awakening Game to get into but it seems everyone is still stuck on the OWoD so the NWoD are few and far between it seems but regardless we play what we like I suppose.

Kimura aka Kashy

Skins
Alissa Marie Thomas
[My OWoD Psychic in a small High School based Chronicle between friends]

"Kohana Mikomi" Hoshinko Nanami
[My NWoD Acanthus, Mysterium Order Member and Librarian]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:49 am 

Hey-

I'm just kicking around the internet looking for a place to play (as I'm still pretty unfamiliar with the online environment and what's out there), and was wondering if this site was at all active, or, at the very least, if any one around would like to make it active again. I really like the 'unmod' concept and have been running a skype and personal forum-based Forsaken chronicle for a few months now. I've enjoyed it, but it's always nice to meet new players. If anyone wants to start anything,
(splat doesnt matter, though I'm least familiar with Changeling)
I'd be very excited to join up either as a player or GM.

Thanks for your time, I look forward to hearing from you!

- Grieves

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:13 pm 

i'm up for starting a game, i'm relativly new to the whole thing but i'm familiar with the rules and whatnot of nWOD and Promethean, as read the core rule books. I'm lookin for a GM and a bunch of people to start a game, i dont mind trying my hand at GM but would need people to cut me some slack.
pm or msg me if people are interested,
thnx

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:48 pm 

Paperman wrote:
I'm new to the site and the game (Playing it that is, I've loved WoD for years) I'd love to join a game if nobody minds a newbie.

Is there any game you are interested in particularly? :)