All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Sacrifice Chapter 1
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:41 pm 

Sacrifice

Chapter 1

The Procession moved unmolested through the streets of the small Village as Darkness covered their tracks and a seemingly unnatural sleep had befallen her quiet home. Pixie, clad in her night dress and carrying her simple dagger, padded barefoot through the back alley’s following a small group or perhaps 3 or 4 hooded and cloaked figures, half-pushing, half-dragging a bound, gagged, and blindfolded girl about her age towards the Graveyard at the outskirts of the village. The Gypsy girl, whose cheerful and colorful demeanor helped most of the townsfolk get through their dreary lives, was no ordinary Rom she had a Birthright one humanity in general had forgotten. To Atlantis, to Magic. Only a few months earlier she had awoken to the Watchtower of the Lunargent Thorn, or from what her mentor had told her along the Path of the Thistle, known among her kind as an Enchanter, or simply Acanthus. Amazingly her awakening had not been terrifying or painful she had slipped out on her own, as she was prone to do on occasion, and went down the same path she always took from her small hovel of a home then in her journey she had gotten lost. Coming across a Woman dressed barely clothed, yet so surreal, beautiful, and Fae like. The woman told Pixie, whose real name was Ariana, that her name was Miranda and that she would like to talk with her after calming the girl down in that she really wasn’t lost but was exactly where she needed to be, and that she had been alone for such a very long time with only the Fae and woodland animals to keep her company. For what seemed like an eternity to Ariana. Miranda and her spoke on different things. Time and Fate, the Elements of Nature, of joyous pleasures and painful memories, even frolicked and danced under the moon and sun, then suddenly and without warning the Storms came. Furious and terrifying were they. Lightning strikes so close it sent chills through out Ari’s entire body. Miranda looked towards the ominous sky then towards the Darkness it seemed to be fighting instructing Ari that they should take shelter in the Tower in the middle of her Grove. Ari agreed gathering some water and some berries for energy the two departed towards the center of the grove.

The Storms were furiously harsh even for what Ari had seen in her short youth and the trip to the Tower seemed to take longer than it should to her, ever she could see the Tower yet never fully reach it. Finally she just, wanted to be there and the path became clear leading the two to the large solid doors. Miranda spoke “Child I cannot enter, but I wish something of you. Inside there is a Book and I know you are cleaver enough to read, I would like you to sign it for me, so I may one day venture inside to look upon your name and smile in joy at our memories together. Will you do this for me?” Ari nodded, though saddened by their departure, but the Darkness had grown closer as she realized that the Storms were against the Dark, not them. Doing as she was bid she swore to do as the woman asked, Miranda only smiled enigmatically at the youth “Always remember Pixie, Oaths and your Word have more power than the mightiest of weapons, now go child I will be fine” ushered inside, Ari looked at the enormous Grand Hall of Vines, Flowers, all manner of beautiful things yet, in her search she found not a single Book of Names Miranda spoke of.

Finally collapsing on a soft bed in one of the rooms Ari thought of taking a nap to regain her strength then resume the search once she had rested. She never made it asleep as the Thunder and Lightning became even louder outside so she once more got to her feet and noticed a cool draft thinking it was odd she followed it to a secret set of stairs and as if in a game of hide and seek she smiled heading towards the hidden Book. Following the draft down a seemingly endless flight of steps she came across what seemed to her to be a Chapel of some kind. An Erie yet Gentle Green glow emanated from the Pedestal and upon it rested the Book. As she passed the over turned pews “Funny, Green has always been my favorite color” Ari thought as she walked to the Pedestal as she heard the Great Door of the Tower explode inwards and the Screams of things not of this world pour into the Tower. The only thought she has was to fulfill her oath to Miranda, as she frantically searched for a Quill as she did so she felt the ever so quick pin prick in her thumb as she went to sign her name, her true name, into the book just as the door to the Sanctuary crashed to the floor and things, unholy things rushed inside as one seemed to leap at her to bring a killing blow she finished her name then…. Nothing. She looked around quite confused no Storms, no… things from the Dark… only Miranda standing in all her Fairy Glory dressed in a white and green shift clasping her hands with a bright smile as she spoke. “You have done well and fulfilled your Oath to me child, rest now and when you awaken everything will be as it should be”. Ari started to say something then everything went black once more and a feeling of sleep overtook her, once she opened her eyes, now more rested than she had ever been, she looked about her surroundings.

Ari smiled inwardly at the memory as fresh as if it had happened only moments before for just a moment then she turned her attention back to the task at hand. Watching with Magically assisted sight that allowed her to perceive the darkness as if it were daylight, giving her Familiar a calming scratch under her chin, as a moment later the pair began to pad silently as shadows after the Procession.

Post subject: Re: Sacrifice Chapter 1
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:21 pm 

Chapter 2

Katrina was terrified. What had she or her family had done? She had came in from playing late with Ariana into the smell of death. Her father gutted like a wild pig and her mother hanging like a rag doll from a noose hanging from the ceiling. The stench of death was everywhere and struck her with the inability to move, much less even scream. From the shadows came a voice so familiar she looked slowly that direction “So little Katrina playing once more with that Gypsy Witch again are you?” Kat, in the state of shock she was in, just stared at the hooded figure speaking just before darkness took her “Persephone... my parents...”
Kat awoke to a throbbing headache as she looked around. She was standing in a lush forest, an almost primeval one at that. She felt sick as if for some reason she seen something something unpleasant but for whatever the reason , for the moment, she was unable to recall what it was. Then a feeling of wakefulness over took her banishing the sick feeling as she looked at herself and finally became aware of her distinct lack of clothing. Her cheeks flushed bright red in her embarrassment and predicament and her feelings found themselves more so at the now heard voices of a Man and a Woman. “Ah! Such a lovely prize do you not think, Love?” the man spoke “A little underfed perhaps but quite pleasing to the eye” the woman responded. Kat turned slowly trying to hide her young body from the gaze of the two strangers. “I..I'm sorry... please forgive my intrusion My Lord and My Lady” spoke Kat timidly. “Nonsense dear child it has been ages since we have had such mannered and... beautiful company. I am Thyr and this is my wife Sus.” -he nodded his head as his wife smiled and slightly bowed to Kat. “It has been a long age since we have had any quests will you join us in our home for dinner? You look famished.” Kat nodded meekly towards them and their generosity.
Following the couple she noticed she would see all sort of animals and even spirits which had brought back a pleasant memory of having seen them a few times playing with Ari. The thought of her friend sent mixed feelings through her. On one hand she had to warn her about Persephone and on the other a feeling only described as joy when they were around each other. Thyr looked at Kat as they walked “You long for your friend yes?” Kat simply nodded and spoke meekly “Yes My Lord I do” Blushing once more knowing it was truth she spoke for she missed the young Rom terribly as they were both rather inseparable as if they were true sisters. Sus' voice interrupted her thought as she spoke “Does this form please you?” Kat looked at the woman as she now looked at Ari's form, that of her dear friend and in astonishment and surprised gasp responded “How! How did you do this?” Ari-Sus smiled impishly “In this place we may become anything” Thyr ended the statement “Or Anyone” Kat looked on in astonishment. “And in time you can preform this as well as even heal injuries. That is why you are here. You seek something and we are the Gate Keepers” “Gate Keepers? To what?” asked Kat “The Watchtower” both responded in perfect harmony. “I .. I have never seen such a Tower nor do I know how I arrived here” she cried. “None the less dear child you are here and you are safe for a time but in time you will be stronger... yes much stronger. Strong enough to avenge your parents.” Ari-Sus smiled at her “but for now let us enjoy something to eat and remember Katrina, always respect it 's spirit and thank it for it's nourishment it provides you. Something gave itself so you can survive. It is the harshness of Nature but also the beauty of life”
Kat simply stood there awe struck by both their beauty and their words. Ari-Sus took a hold of Kat's hand and gave that impish smile again “let us show you truly wonderful things” The things Kat was shown, the pleasure and the pain of all that life encompasses were beyond her comprehension and after what seemed ages Time simply had no meaning for the most part. After the things she was shown the pair took Kat to a large stone tower. She looked in awe once more to them and spoke “What is it you wish of me Master? Mistress?” The pair spoke in unison “We have kept a record of all those who have walked this path and we wish you to add your name to that list. That is all we wish for you have learned much and made us very proud. Now before the Darkness comes do your duty to us and the Primal Wilds and be at peace.”
She went inside after the instruction looking for someplace or something to do as the Gate Keepers had asked of her. When she came into a room filled with names. Name after Name in languages she had never seen before. She looked for a instrument to write her name among the others but failing at finding one she placed her hands against the wall in sadness not knowing how to complete that which she was asked when she felt a pin prick on her finger and smiled at the irony of it as she signed her name. Darkness took her once more as she opened her eyes into darkness and she tried to scream but found her mouth gagged by cloth as well as her hands behind her tightly. “calm... peace” she willed herself being led somewhere as a sense of dread and fear permeated the area as she suddenly felt a sensation almost a mix of kinship and revulsion, what was it she asked herself? She was to scared to think straight as she managed to hear through the murmuring of Persephone and a grand sacrifice.