All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: User/Login System Changes
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:49 pm 
Site Admin

I originally coded this site with a custom user registration system. I have decided to instead just plug into phpBB's registration system instead, so that you can just make one login and it will be valid for everything on the site. I'll be implementing this soon (if it's not already implemented by the time you read this). On your end, you won't notice much different, except that when you log in, it'll take you to a new page for a second before redirecting you back where you were.

I am going to see about transferring over accounts so that you don't have to re-make one. I stored the passwords encrypted such that even I don't know what they are, and phpBB does the same... but those two might or might not be similar. I'll try to get this done sometime Sunday.

For now, you can continue making characters. Even if I can't automatically transfer the accounts, I will at the very least be able to hook all of your characters up to your new account for you. You can make a forum account too if you want, and I'll see about doing some matching system where if the given email is already used on the forum, just associate characters with that account.

Post subject: Re: User/Login System Changes
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:23 am 
Site Admin

As an update, this has been completed. If you had an account under the old system, you can now log in to the new system with that same account, and all characters will be associated. Points to note:

* You will now log in with the "nickname" that you entered before, instead of your email address. This is also what your forum name will be.
    * Unfortunately, the password hashes were incompatible, so you will need to reset your password.