All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Accepting Donations for Upgrade!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:16 pm 
Site Admin

I normally wouldn't do this, but in the past month I've had about $2500 worth of unexpected expenses so my funds are low and I would like to get moving on site upgrades.

So, if you go to the site's main page, you will notice a donate button. Don't feel obligated to donate by any means, but if you feel the urge then please donate. The upgrades will happen sooner or later regardless; any donations will just make that sooner rather than later. :)

I thank you all for being a part of this community chat. It wouldn't be possible without you!

Post subject: Re: Accepting Donations for Upgrade!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:33 am 
Site Admin

Just as a note, I'm still working on trying to get the chat software working on the server. Have run into many technical difficulties, and the company is in England so the time difference makes troubleshooting difficult. But, it will still happen!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:02 pm 
Site Admin

I know it's been forever, but this is still happening. I'm working with the company that makes the chat software, and they've been very good about helping me. Unfortunately, every time we solve one issue, another comes up, so I haven't actually been able to get this set up yet. But it's still coming! And a big thank you for those who have so generously donated.

Also, I know spam is an issue on the message boards here -- phpBB is really bad about blocking spam bots. So shortly after I upgrade the chat software itself, I plan to switch to another forum package -- I'm currently leaning toward SMF, but I might go for something more full-fledged like Invision Powerboard or vBulletin if I can save up enough money. The big advantage there is that the professional packages integrate with Facebook Connect, which will allow people to more easily sign up and log in, and also you won't have to remember yet another login and password.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:55 pm 

Update? -peers-

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:04 pm 
Site Admin

Unfortunately that company pretty much said, "We can't help you any more." "Not even if I buy a license?" "Not even then." So I've been looking at alternatives. Most of them are about the same cost or a little more expensive, but so far all have suffered from even worse support. I'll run into an issue after installing the demo version, write their support, and never receive any response.

So, I'm terribly sorry about the wait, but I am still looking into this. In addition to a jam-packed work life, social life, and travel schedule. (Speaking of which, if anyone is at GenCon or DragonCon or The Grand Masquerade, I'll be at all three, so drop me a line.)