All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Please Bring Back the Save Button!
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:44 pm 

Thank you for looking into it Mike! I really do appreciate it. In compensation for my possibly excessively dramatic post, here are adorable animals being embarrassed in montage form...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr8TqepiiQ8
:oops:

Post subject: Re: PLEASE BRING BACK THE SAVE BUTTON!
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:20 am 

Thanks for answering, MIke!

Mike wrote:
I will see if I can modify the code to only save what you've seen in the room, and not be able to show what was there before you entered. However, this will probably take a lot of code digging (whoever programmed the Flash chat system made it clear in some ways, and a labyrinth in others), so I can't really say if it is actually even possible, and how long it might take if it is. I could unwind it in a few days time, or it may just not be feasible.

Maybe it will be good to post a note on forum and on FB group, so that to gather people who know about codes and are willing to help ?

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:06 pm 

Yeah, totally put this post in the wrong place. Here we go.

I dunno. If I am in a scene that I A) Want to RP with only myself and those in the scene or B) Do not much care for other people reading then I take it to a Private Room(Visible Private or otherwise). Otherwise I really can not complain that people enter my scene or read it. And you are always going to have trolls. They will never go away and some of them just get bigger. I just ignore them. Ignore one long enough and they get bored and go away. Really isn't worth my time or effort to let someone like that ruin my good time pretending to be a Werewolf, Vampire or Wizard on the internet. Because lets face it... I am pretending to be a Werewolf, Vampire or Wizard on the internet.

If they want to waste their time trolling someone pretending to be one of those three things on the internet fine. They end up looking like an idiot, not me. So when someone starts harassing/bothering you, just ignore it. Play your game, log off when your done and go enjoy real life knowing you had fun.

I appreciate Mikes attempts to combat the problem in lieu of people wanting to abuse the chat and other players on the chat. It is sad that there even needs to be an attempt to combat such things. I mean, really. I belong to several clubs for various fun-activities that I enjoy IRL. I don't have people in my face making fun of me. Why should people do it too each other online since we should all consider ourselves part of a group that enjoys Roleplaying the World of Darkness, among other RPGs on this chat. You'd think we would want to try and at least be civil.

As for the Digichat. The DigiChat was nice but with that said it was also expensive. From what I recall the Digichat Software was rather expensive initially and required additional subscription type fees to continue using it.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:55 am 

Thanks for the increased chat log, Mike. That's helped and your looking into things is very much appreciated.

Is there anything that can possibly be done about lost PM's from the other side logging? Maybe keeping the PM window open even if one side of the conversation logs or something around those lines?

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 8:42 am 
Site Admin

Unfortunately, that falls within editing the Flash code, which is beyond my purview.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:58 pm 

That's for giving the SAVE option back. It's a big help.