All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Necropolis: New Vampire Order
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:39 pm 

-information via the grapevine, Vampire-Appropriate Mail-Drops and listserves, Schreknet, the MMN, rose-water-scented-formal-documents-with-wax-seals, or whatever is appropriate for your PC-

"It is time for a change. The Vampires of this city are disorganized, scattered, best upon by lupines, hunters, and worse terrors. We are, and should rightly be, the lords of the night, the rulers in darkness. But we are not. Not in this place, and not in this time.

It is time for a change. In the past, the Vampires of this city had some structure, but were forever at one another's throats. Cainites and Kindred tearing at one another's balls, squabbling in the middle of the road, unaware of the oncoming traffic. We cannot be as dogs, anymore. Events of the past decade have proven that even if one does not accept belief in Gehenna, it is obvious that something terrible is coming. Whatever it is, we cannot fight it alone, separate, tearing at one another.

It is time for a change. I know attempts have been made in the past to set another Sabbat member on the Archbishop's seat. I know the Camarilla has tried, and failed, to establish a Prince. We are each responsible for the others failures... and for our own.

All this changes, now. I have established a new Elysium, where all of the blood, Cainite or Kindred, may be free to come and go without fear. I have set in motion a new order, that we might grow strong, together, our backs safely turned to one another so we may keep our eyes on the Lupine, the Hunter, the Magi. I have claimed Praxis, as is my right by age, by blood, and by my honor and oath to serve you as Lord with all the faith that you serve one another, and the city. This is my honor and my pledge.

The Elysium is open. All are welcome."

-Marcus Halliward Smythe,
Lord of Necropolis

*The approach to the Vampire Elysium is not an easy one. Once one has pierced the veil of secrecy to know to approach the door at the lowest level of the downtown multi-level carpark, one has to have the proper contacts and information to get through the door into the underground parking lot. Other layers of security are found there, including armed ghouls, sensors, scanners, spirits, wraiths, wardings, and worse things. Once the approaching creature has been determined to be a vampire, or other being recognized in the city... and determined to be carrying no inappropriate weaponry... the being would be admitted into the Elysium Proper. The first floor of the Elysium is an expansive salon, in wood inlay, marble, and statuary.. mirrors and fountains. Chairs and Chaise Lounges and Couches are scattered throughout the place, and two bars serving mortal and cainite drinks line each side of the place. Also available are trained blood dolls, offering vitae 'on draft' for those who wish it. Booths line other walls, with sound-damping curtains that can be pulled for privacy. More private rooms sprawl off the sides of the place.*

City Positions:
Lord - Marcus Smythe
Sheriff - Bashnia Aurora
Seneschal - Alexander Koster
Keeper - Alexander Koster
Scourge - Belinda Arcanum

((What this IS - my attempt to get the vampire game going again as a vampire game. Vampires are social creatures, and without any IC organization, weve got little reason to socialize. I thought it would be a good thing for the vampire players to have an organization, to join, to plot in, to rail against, to undermine, whatever. And my character thought the same way, funny that, so this is an IC action, with no real OOC subtext. Leading me to...

((What this IS NOT - This is not an OOC power-grab. I dont want to be OOC in charge of anything, and I dont want to create any OOC drama. Its just an IC action by an IC character. Deal with it as you find appropriate, IC))

Post subject: Re: Necropolis: New Vampire Order
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:14 pm 

I am trying to see if anyone is still actively playing this storyline or is interested in reviving some type of Vampire court. I'm not privy to the details of the Storyline falling out, but I'd like to bring it back in some manifestation. If you are interested, please PM me
Sincerely,
TPO Alarick Giovanni

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:32 pm 

Alexander's still around. He's on other characters a lot of the time, but he lurks and tries to get the sanctum open from time to time.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:10 pm 

I'm still around as Tasha and I still host little gatherings in the sanctum sometimes. If folks wanna do stuff, I'm game though I know my play times seem incompatible with a lot of the folks that were involved before.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:00 pm 

As far I know Bashnia has no PC atm.

I suppose most dont feel like playing because their fellow players are very busy irl (Victor , Marcus etc).

People showing in other skins - please shows as SL skins too. Not everyone knows your other skins and doesnt know if the story is going or not.
Seeing none - they might simply leave the chat.

I dont have any news from Marcus, other than short email from like week ago, stating that he'll be offline for some time still.

~Julian Garbage

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:49 pm 

[OOC]
Except for the Cainite part, this is a plausible venue.

tpo Alexis Konrad, Ventrue

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:30 am 

This is the player of Nigel Mangled. I frankly think that it's a terrible idea to continue this venue. I don't expect anyone to agree with me, but I am simply voicing my concerns, should this game continue.

The only thing that would logically keep the Camarilla and the Sabbat from killing each other is a.) a common enemy or b.) the ancient ass vampire that took control. I know that Marcus is a powerful character, his sheet has more dots on it than white space. Kansas was also practically ancient. Of course the guy that is neigh-indestructible can be in power... he can't be killed! Without Marcus, there could easily be a SL for a true Camarilla or Sabbat court to take over, and make it easier to integrate characters that would not play well with the strange cluster-f*ck rules that Marcus and Kansas set up.

The other reason why I pulled my character from this SL is that it didn't foster any kind of character growth or easily allow any neonate characters to play. I have voiced my concern of this to both Marcus and Kansas when they first started. A strange homebrew-type of political system that doesn't make sense (I can't stress this enough!) and an unseemingly endless parade of ancients kind of kills any chance the little fledgling has. Sure, it could be done, but it gets really old, really fast when an elder with disciplines shooting out of his butt decides he doesn't like said neonate (or even annacillae) and decides to do something about it. Sure you can call NPK, but I dislike that option as well, since you're taking the consequences out of your actions. (But that's a pet peeve of mine)

I do not have the RL time or patience to set up my own SL, or I would. I just hate that this game killed off all of the smaller vampire games (yes, mine included, twice) because a smaller black hand game could not compete with Marcus, the all-powerful God Vampire. I am a firm believer that people will play in a True Sabbat or True Camarilla game. You just have to set up the proper structure and not have the twinkiest character in charge! The fun of a political game is the fact that the movers and shakers can change any moment!

Well, that's my $0.02
- Nigel Mangled

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:26 pm 

At the moment now all of that Order wont matter, because Kansas and Marcus are both stolen to IRL. Others too.

Like I kept telling, no one is forced to play in any SL , and no one ever said that Necropolis must have only one Prince.
It may have as many Princes as many SL's are, and unless those SL's mix, everything is fine.

Is it because people were/are too lazy to create their own SL and continue it?
I seen vampires who werent interested in playing in this SL, and no one made a problem of that.

But I see another problem. People dont want to rp. I can see like 20 people in EW and noone in public room. WTF?
Noone will tell me it's because this or that SL, because they're not forced to interact. If someone wants to make SL, he can make it and not care if there is another Prince in the city, simply following their own story. Just taking care those not interact.
Be it small SL or bigger one. People create their chars to the SL they choose. If they dont like the story, they might leave.

Moo is now plotting Palla Grande. We'll see how it goes.

Honestly ? I dont believe people will move their butts to fully rp or create True Sabbat or True Cammarilla game. Too much laziness, too much WoW, Lol, Skyrim, or whatever is famous now. Not mentioning IRL but this is another story.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:54 am 

There is nothing stopping another group from setting up another SL, true, but I thought the point of all this was to get the players that want to play vampire, to play together.

Sure, two or three people can get together to make a Prince, but the fun of it is to have several players working together in a court system. It is much more fun if the guy giving orders is a PC you can talk to! Otherwise, we're stuck waiting for very specific people to show up online and sitting in the EW, taking up space.

It's not laziness if you just can't catch the person you're waiting for.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:55 pm 

Mantra wrote:
It's not laziness if you just can't catch the person you're waiting for.

I completely understand you since people with who I rp mostly show at 10-11 pm my time.

Anyway... On the side note I wont lie, I'd be more than happy to again get into some game.