All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: [Recruiting!] Storm & Precipice - A Mage Chronicle
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:08 pm 

Howdy y'all. I've been a lurker and sometimes player from the way way back. Y'all may remember me as the player of Miller Heineken, stolid NWO agent, or as Max the Jewish polymath/hermetic, along with myriads of mortals, kinfolk, ghouls and more. The unmods has long been where I've gone for casual WOD RP and people-watching, but I've finally come around to trying to run a chronicle here - the release of Mage 20th Anniversary Edition was finally the kick in the ass I needed.

I'm planning on making full use of the chat format - with scheduled sessions happening every week or every other week, and the interim being used for smaller scenes like seekings, socializing, personal goals and more.

I've created a fairly extensive pitch and set of notes on the Chronicle here. In a nutshell, I'm looking to run a street level game set in Astoria, Oregon and focusing on the various member factions of the Disparate Alliance. Play will involve dealing with the threat presented by both the Technocracy and the Traditions, in delving into the secrets of the town, and in pursuing the personal goals of the individual PC's. I plan on running an intensely character focused game, with house-rules designed to explicitly address and test the characters personal beliefs.

The current plan is to play around noon CDT on Saturdays, either once a week or every other week. There is no formal application process (unless I get swamped!). Talk to me, read the material, and come at me with a pitch for a character. If it sounds good, great! Otherwise we may need to chat some more.

(I'm more picky about a players personality than his fluency or experience - please be polite and kind to your fellow players!)

Questions may be addressed to me in the chat (look for Storm and Precipice as my login), via forum PM or - if the question is relatively general - as a posting to this thread. Looking forward to hearing from y'all and getting back in the old Ascension saddle!

Last edited by LostDM on Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Storm & Precipice - A Mage Chronicle
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:18 pm 

FAQ

Can I play <pre-existing PC>?
No. I'd like original characters for this chronicle.

Can I play a Garou/Changeling/Wraith/Highlander/Iteration X Cyborg/Verbena?
No. Mages only, Disparate Alliance (and mayyyybe Orphans) only.

More as they come!