All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Werewolf
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:06 am 

So, I was thinking about some W:tA things, both with the Former White wolf chats, and this one. Just putting an idea out there, but there -should- be a set gathering place for garou and kinfolk alike, perhaps a set location and structure for a caern, or possibly a sept ( given enough players) It'd definately make for smoother gameplay, less bickering about which caern is where, why a sept just popped up overnight, and all of that stuff, and figuring it out early on might prove helpful to some W:tA players looking for "adventure" and good gameplay. :D

Post subject: Re: Werewolf
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:16 am 

i was debateing rolling my old ww sl onto this chat. we only ever really got to do one scene before other sl's called characters elsewhere. not to mention i have set up a npc caern which is located 2 hours from the city of Necropolis in the fingerlakes region. here is a link to the caern: http://www.freewebs.com/songofherne/septofgaiashand.htm

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:21 pm 

Last edited by Toby on Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:16 pm 

Well, I'm glad My thoughts on getting a cearn or sept started here weren't only entertained in my mind alone :) Still though, I think a fresh start might be best for this place, perhaps a caern created specifically for the use of the garou players here, most likely a fresh start created from the ideas and concepts of the group of W:tA players as a whole. Now, I'm not the most experianced in the creation of Caerns and such, But from reading the post about the caern in the finger lakes, I began to think that a wider diversity of tribes represented within the caern would attract more players. :) still, Seeing everyones ideas is a very good thing, and hopefully, we'll get more players weighing in as the discussion continues.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:37 pm 

I think we should make no new characters to create it and use what characters we already have to Build and Create something. Find whoever has the Rite of Caern Building, and Build it. If someone needs to learn the Rite, do an arduous Week-long SL to go and learn it.
Whatever we need build up physically, let us work our between our resources and our character's own natural skills, weighing human builders/exposure vs. Kin-Garou labour.

Not just say it Exists but actually create it IC. *shrugs*

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:38 pm 

The problem with the Rite of the Caern Building is that it requires both a lot of Garou to be present and stumbling upon a node of spiritual energy strong enough too create a Caern. I would personally be all for a Caren being thrown up, perhaps even two too separate the Urban Garou from the Rural Garou, but that is another matter entirely.

Either way, it is far easier too come up with, or use, one that is run mostly by NPC Garou and already in existance. I have found, in my experience, they tend too last longer due too lack of player characters being around a lot, and being on at different times.

But, I dunno. I have a few rural Garou that I can dig out if the urge strikes. Shadowlord, Black Fury, Get of Fenris, Silent Strider, and Fianna too name a few. Then i've a Glasswalker with a small manner of fame that can dig into anything started Urban-wise.

I do however know the Caern should be small, something in the Rank 2-3 area. Or even Rank 1. Something small with a Totem of decent power but nothing too over-the-top or elaborate. Stave off the Caern and whatever Storylines attach themselves too it dieing off. I've seen hordes of Caerns come and go when they just suddenly pop up one day as a Rank 5 Caern. But, more power too whoever decides too come up with a Caern for the area, given my preference for Werewolf: The Apocalypse over all of White-Wolf's other Old World of Darkness games.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:44 am 

I kinda like the idea of running a story to set up a caern, makes the characters feel like that accomplished something rather than just 'stumbling' upon one that's already there. sure, the players won't always be there, but roles can switch as needed (from PC to another PC if one is absent too much), that's what the golden rule is for.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:46 am 

so, going between the ideas of both setting a caern up IC, and running with one thats already made, how 'bout a wee compromise, run a story, involving a "lost" or nearly dead/dying caern, and...re-activate/re-vamp, or rejuvinate it? ye'd get both the gratification of building one, and the ease of having one "pre-fab'd" :) I also agree on the not over doing it as far as power of the caern goes, a rank 1-3 caern would suit everyone here quite well. at least from my understanding :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:03 pm 

so, going between the ideas of both setting a caern up IC, and running with one thats already made, how 'bout a wee compromise, run a story, involving a "lost" or nearly dead/dying caern, and...re-activate/re-vamp, or rejuvinate it? ye'd get both the gratification of building one, and the ease of having one "pre-fab'd" I also agree on the not over doing it as far as power of the caern goes, a rank 1-3 caern would suit everyone here quite well. at least from my understanding

yeah, one that is being ransacked by a couple of Spiral packs, who are trying to turn it into a hive...and we have to save it.