All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Geist: The Sin-Eaters - New York City
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:07 pm 

Okay, so... I've made mention recently that I'll be running a Geist: The Sin-Eaters game on the chats, set in New York City as described at the back of the core rule book. So far there seems to be genuine interest, and I've already been contacted by a number of players willing to involve themselves with the game.

With that said, I will be available to run scenes for players looking to become more comfortable with the setting and the system, or those wanting to embark on personal storylines involving their characters. Larger games, involving a group, will take place as soon as everyone has created their own PC and we can agree on a time to meet.

I'd like to mention that this game will not be entirely ST run, and players are welcome to interact with one another at their leisure, even running small scenes for themselves. Just be sure to let me or an Assistant ST know what the scene entailed, and we can work out experience allocations and perhaps even a way to further the scene into a full-fledged storyline.

Speaking of which, I can honestly say I probably won't be able to handle running an entire game on my own, so if there are any volunteers who would like to assist me as STs, they are welcome. Given timezone differences, it may actually prove more fruitful having another ST based in America or Canada, if possible.

Onto the fun stuff: Below I'd like those interested in playing to post a brief character bio. Please list character name, Threshold, Archetype, Keys, Manifestations, keystone and a name and brief description of your character's Geist. If there is any other relevent information you think I should know about, feel free to add it in. If any of the information is something you would like to keep secret - either as a surprise to other players, or perhaps to avoid any kind of metagaming - then you're welcome to send me a private message either on the forums or on the chat.

Same goes for questions. Either post them here, or send me a message. Thank you.

TheMikey

Post subject: Re: Geist: The Sin-Eaters - New York City
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:13 pm 

Name: Harold North
Threshold: Forgotten
Archetype: Necromancer
Keys: Industrial, Phantasm
Manifestations: Oracle
Keystone: Wrench
Geist: The Scalded Man, who appears still human except that every inch of his flesh has been scalded to incomprehension, and serves as the Geist of Steam.

Also, once I'm more familiar with the game, I'd be more than happy to run scenes for people.

Last edited by Meinberg on Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:27 am 

Name: Mamobayu Xicauba (Leon Smith by his ID)

Threshold: The Prey

Archetype: Reapers

Keys: Primeval / Grave-Dirt

Manifestations: The Caul / The Rage

Keystone: A garland of snake-skulls encrusted in filth and lichen, connected by tough, hard-fiber vines. When shaken, mundane animals cower in respectful fear.

Geist: The Feast For Nature, an ancient Yamemamo shaman bearing the marks of several animalistic misfortunes:
Blueish-tinted lips from the poison of a tree-frog that you can trace down his veins. Skin layers peeled away and hanging limp from muscle due to jaguar claw marks.
The crushed and misshapen legs of an anacondas' taut hug gives him a staggering, frightening gait, and bubbled back-skin seeps hordes of vicious army ants, while teeming grubs pair small serpents that crawl from his ears, mouth, nostrils, and anus.
Lastly, most of his features have been chewn away crudely, his face pitted with the slashing teeth of amazon river piranhas - lips, eyelids, nose-tip, and ear-flesh outright gnawed off.

Last edited by marcotte on Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:03 pm 

Name: Alexis Jones
Threshold: Forgotten
Keys: Passion & Prye-Flame
Manifestations: Oracle
Keystone: A black rose locket.
Geist: The Bloody Princess; Dark hair that fell to her shoulders she wore a ripped and blood covered white dress, her neck had bruises as if she had been choked. Bruises lined her arms a pair of ripped, bloody and dirty white tights and only one black Mary Jane shoe on her feet.

Last edited by BabyGirl09 on Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:43 pm 

I still have some fleshing out to do with my character, but I will definitely be up for participating in this. Also, I live in Canada, so I'd be available to run scenes or side-storylines as well.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:51 pm 

Name: Tom Canterbury

Threshold: Stricken

Keys: Stricken; Silent

Manifestations: The Oracle; The Shroud

Keystone: A disc of polished, white marble cut from the floor tiles of the hospital in which he died and inserted into the back of a small mirror that he keeps with him at all times.

Geist: The Good Doctor/The Old Ward
Tall, nearly impossibly so, and rail thin. Either entirely white, evoking a sense of pristine cleanliness, or pitch black, depending on it's state of being. Whether or not it's featureless lines are clothed or simply that colour remains unknown.
The Doctor has no face, only a smooth, rounded ellipse of a head; In fact, it's entire presentation is all very two dimensional. It's alter ego is much the same, though the shadow of a mouth's lips and silhouettes of gnashing teeth lend it an enraged expression. In either state, It's hands are grotesquely long boned, ending in rows of narrow, severe white fingers nearly the same distance in inches as a man's forearm. When in it's 'white' mood, it is always composed, almost graceful, with the faint sound of a violin being heard in it's proximity; When Black, it moves in spidery, erratic ways that, accompanied by it's cracking joints, tend to provoke general revulsion in anyone but the most jaded Bound.